Terms and Conditions
By using of the www.tsapalang.com (A site) operated by and/or for and on behalf of Tsapalang Team (collectively Tsapalang,The team, or "we", "our" and "us") in any way, you agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions ("Terms"). We may modify these terms at any time at our sole discretion, and such modifications shall be effective immediately upon posting of the modified terms. You agree to review the terms periodically to be aware of such modifications and your continued access to or use of the site shall be deemed your conclusive acceptance of the modified terms.
- User Account, security and cookies
- Content and related user conduct
- Content uploaded to our sites
- Postings by third parties and hyperlinks to third party websites
- Hyperlinks from third party websites
- Disclaimer of warranties
- Limitation of liability
- Intellectual property rights
- What permissions does the Tsapalang App ask for
1. USER ACCOUNT, SECURITY AND COOKIES
If any portion of the Site requires you to register or open an account, you must provide us with accurate, complete and updated registration information ("Member Profile"). You may also be asked to choose a login name and a password. Please select a password that would not be obvious to someone trying to guess your password.
You shall not disclose to any person your password and shall not permit or authorize any person to use your login name or password for any purpose whatsoever.
Tsapalang may treat any access to or use of the Site at any time by the use of your login name and password as access to or use of the Site by you, notwithstanding that it may have been used by any other person without your knowledge or authority.
Upon learning that any person has acquired knowledge of your password or has used your password to access or use the Site or effect any transaction (whether with or without your knowledge and consent), you shall
- immediately notify Tsapalang team thereof;
- at our request, make a police report thereof;
- provide us with any other information relating thereto as we may require; and
- immediately change the password.
We takes certain industry-accepted precautions to secure the Site or portions thereof. However, you agree that such precautions do not guarantee that use of the Site is invulnerable to all security breaches, nor does Tsapalang make any warranty, guarantee, or representation that use of the Site is protected from all viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other vulnerabilities.
During your use of the Site, we may issue to and request from your computer blocks of data known as "cookies" to enable more convenient browsing when you revisit the Site. A cookie is a type of data which is sent from the Site to your Internet browser software, and is stored on your computer. Storing cookies does not have any adverse effect on your computer. You must not alter any cookies sent to your computer from the Site and you must ensure that your computer sends correct and accurate cookies in response to any relevant request from the Site.
By registering for a Tsapalang account, you agree that you will receive emails from us with marketing messages such as, but not limited to, recommendations, exclusive promotions, event invites, updates, and information on product launches. You can opt out of this email if you choose to do so.
By means of Facebook Connect API, you may log in to the Site using your Facebook account. By accessing the Site using your Facebook account, you authorise us to (i) retrieve the photo image and display name associated with your Facebook account for display on the Member's Profile section of the Site; and (ii) display posts within your Facebook account to reflect any reviews, articles or events you submit to the Site so that your friends on Facebook will be aware of your views. Apart from the 2 activities described above, we do not otherwise retrieve or post any other information or data from or to your Facebook account. Further, we shall not be responsible for any changes to the features, functionality or terms that govern your Facebook account as these are controlled by Facebook, not us.
We have the right to suspend, disable or terminate your user account or to prevent you from using our Service via your Facebook account or other forms of registered accounts at any time, if in our reasonable opinion, you have failed to comply with any of the provisions of these Terms and Conditions. We reserve the right to terminate your user account if it has been inactive for more than one year.
2. CONTENT AND RELATED USER CONDUCT
You understand that you are responsible for any Content that you post or transmit on or through the Site.
You agree not to cause, nor knowingly allow others to cause, any nuisance, annoyance, or inconvenience, whether to us or any of our customers or users of the Site by any means.
You agree to use the Site in a manner consistent with all applicable laws and regulations. Specifically, you will not use the Site to post, transmit, distribute, link to, or solicit Content that:.
- contain any material which is defamatory of any person;
- contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory;
- promote sexually explicit material;
- promote violence;
- promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person;
- be likely to deceive any person;
- be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence;
- promote any illegal activity;
- be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety;
- be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person;
- be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person;
- give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or
- advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as copyright infringement or computer misuse.
You may not use any robot, spider, or other automatic or manual device or process to monitor or copy our web pages or any portion of the Content contained herein without Tsapalang's express written permission.
Tsapalang shall have the right (but not the obligation) in its sole discretion to monitor, refuse or remove any Content that is available via the Site without reference to you. Without limiting the foregoing, Tsapalang reserves the right to remove or alter any Content that violates these Terms or is otherwise objectionable.
All Content submitted by you should be unbiased with no vested personal interest or any affiliation with the business you review. We reserve all rights to remove these reviews. If you have a vested personal interest or any affiliation with the business for or against which you are submitting a review, we ask that you give full and frank disclosure of your relevant vested interest or affiliation to the business you are reviewing to ensure your review is perceived objectively by End Users.`
We reserve the right to remove any reviews we discover that are biased review or which do not disclose the relevant vested interest or affiliation relevant to that business.
3. CONTENT UPLOADED TO OUR SITES
You agree to grant to Tsapalang a non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide, perpetual license, with the right to sublicense, reproduce, distribute, transmit, create derivative works of, publicly display and publicly perform any materials and other information (including, without limitation, ideas contained therein for new or improved products and services) you submit to public areas of the Site by all means and in any media now known or hereafter developed. You also grant to us the right to use your name in connection with the submitted materials and other information as well as in connection with all advertising, marketing and promotional material related thereto. You agree that you shall have no recourse against Tsapalang for any alleged or actual infringement or misappropriation of any proprietary right in your communications to us.
Except for any information which we have expressly agreed to keep confidential, any feedback, data, answers, questions, comments, suggestions, plans, ideas or the like that you send to us via the Site, via email or howsoever otherwise whether in human or machine readable form, will be treated as being non-confidential and non-proprietary. We assume no obligation to protect such information from disclosure and will be free to reproduce, use, and distribute the information to others without restriction. We will also be free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how or techniques contained in information that you submit on the Site for any purpose whatsoever including but not limited to developing, manufacturing and marketing products and services incorporating such information.
4. POSTINGS BY THIRD PARTIES AND HYPERLINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
This Site may contains hyperlinks to other websites which are neither maintained nor controlled by Tsapalang team, or may contain Content posted on or via the Site by third parties. Therefore, We shall not be responsible for any errors or omissions in any Content in the Site, or the Content, products or services of any hyperlinked website or any hyperlink contained in a hyperlinked web site, nor for the privacy and security practices employed by these other websites, and shall not be liable for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Content, whether in human or machine readable form, posted or contained in e-mails or howsoever otherwise transmitted or displayed via the Site, or arising from access to those websites. Use of the Site and any hyperlinks and access to such hyperlinked websites are entirely at your own risk..
You acknowledge that We have no control over and excludes all liability for any material on the Internet which can be accessed by using the Site. Neither can we be deemed to have endorsed the Content.
Insofar as third party material, including without limitation news or other Content feeds by third party Content providers to the Site ("Third Party Material") is published on or accessed through the Site, such Third Party material shall not be published, broadcast, rewritten for broadcast or publication or redistributed directly or indirectly in any medium. Third Party Material may not be stored in whole or in part in a computer or otherwise except for personal and non-commercial use.
Neither the owner, publisher and/or broadcaster of such Third Party Material nor Tsapalang team will be held liable for any delays, inaccuracies, errors or omissions in any AFP news material or in transmission or delivery of all or any part thereof or for any damages whatsoever. If any Third Party Material or part thereof is a newsware service providing newsfeeds to the Site, releases from subjects, individuals, groups or entities contained in its photographs, videos, graphics or textuals quotations may not have been obtained.
Further, clearance may not be obtained from the owners of any trademarks or copyrighted materials whose marks and materials are included in Third Party Material. Therefore you will be solely responsible for obtaining any and all necessary releases from whatever individuals and/or entities necessary for any uses of AFP material.
5. HYPERLINKS FROM THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
You agree that caching, hyperlinking to, and framing of the Site or any of its Content are strictly prohibited.
Tsapalang team reserves all rights to disable any links to, or frames of any site containing inappropriate, profane, defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent or unlawful topics, names, material or information, or material or information that violates any written law, any applicable intellectual property, proprietary, privacy or publicity rights.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Tsapalang team, its directors, officers, employees, suppliers, licensors, agents, and any third party Content providers, from and against any losses, damages, claims, costs, expenses, demands, and actions, occasioned by or howsoever arising out of your use of the Site, your access or connection to the Site, your violation of these Terms, or your violation of any rights of another. These obligations will survive any termination of your relationship with us or your use of the Site. The team reserves the right to assume the defense and control of any matter subject to indemnification by you, in which event you will cooperate with us in asserting any available defenses..
7. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
You expressly understand and agree that:
- You assume total responsibility and risk for your use of the Site and the Internet. The team does not make any express or implied warranties, representations or endorsements whatsoever (including without limitation warranties of title or non- infringement, or the implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose) with regard to the Site, any merchandise, information or service provided through the Site or on the Internet generally, and the team shall not be liable for any cost or damage arising either directly or indirectly from any such transaction. The Site and any software made available on the Site are provided on an "as is, as available" basis.
- The team makes no warranty that (i) the Site will meet your requirements or will always be accessible, (ii) the Site will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, error-free or free from computer virus or other invasive or damaging code, (iii) the results that may be obtained from the use of the Site will be accurate or reliable, (iv) the quality of any products, services, information, or other material purchased or obtained by you through the Site will meet your expectations, and (v) any errors in the Site will be corrected.
- Any Content downloaded, uploaded or otherwise obtained through the use of the Site is done at your own discretion and risk. It is solely your responsibility to evaluate the accuracy, completeness and usefulness of all opinions, advice, services, merchandise and other information provided through the Site or on the Internet generally.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
The team does not assume any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, apparatus, product or process disclosed on the Site or other Content accessible from the Site. In no event shall the team be liable for any incidental, consequential, direct, indirect or any losses or damages whatsoever (including, but not limited to, loss or corruption of data, loss of profits, goodwill, bargain or opportunity or loss of anticipated savings, or business interruption, or any other loss, whether in an action of contract, negligence or other tortious action), arising out of or in connection with the use of or inability to use the Site, delays, inaccuracies or errors in the information or in the transmission of the Site, or any information or transactions provided on or over the Site or downloaded or hyperlinked from the Site, or performance of the Content on this Site, even if the team has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
If you are dissatisfied with any portion of the Site, or with any of the Terms, your sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue using the Site.
9. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
Content (including, but not limited to, information, communications, software, images and sounds contained on or available through the Site) is provided by Tsapalang team, its Content providers, third party licensors, which include end-users.
The intellectual property rights to or over the Content contained in each Site belong to the team, its Content providers and third party licensors, which include end-users. Insofar as said rights vest in the team, all rights are reserved. The Content of the Site cannot be reproduced, modified, transferred, distributed, republished, downloaded, posted or transmitted in any form or by any means including but not limited to electronic, mechanical photocopying or recording without the prior written permission of the team. You agree that the material and Content contained within or provided by the Site is for your own personal use only and may not be used for commercial purposes or distributed commercially.
Your access to or use of the Site should not be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel or otherwise, any license or right to use the trademarks, tradenames, logos or service marks appearing on the Site without the team's or the relevant third party's prior written consent, as the case may be. You may not, without the team’s or other relevant third party's prior written consent, use any of such trademarks, tradenames, logos or service marks as a hyperlink to the Site or any other website.
You may not modify, translate, decompile, disassemble, reverse engineer or otherwise attempt to derive the source code for the computer systems and other technology that operate the Site or create derivative works based on the Site. For purposes of these Terms, "reverse engineering" shall include the examination or analysis of the Site to determine the source code, structure, organization, internal design, algorithms or encryption devices of the Site's underlying technology.
10. WHAT PERMISSIONS DOES THE TSAPALANG APP ASK FOR
For the Tsapalang app to work, you must accept all of these permissions regardless of whether or not you use these features:
- Calendar - this allows the app to add your settings to your calendar.
- Location - this allows the app to get your location and filter search results based on your location.
- SMS - this allows the app to let you share articles and galleries via SMS.
- Phone - this allows the app to make a phone call to listings.
- Photos/Media/Files - this gives the app access to save images taken with the camera to your device. this also allows the app to let you select an image from your device to attach to a review.
- Device ID & Call information -this allows the app to read the phone's status and identity for security and verification purposes.
- Wi-Fi Connection information - this gives the app full network access, and allows it to view Wi-Fi and network connections. The app uses these to check your connection so it can access Tsapaplang.com's systems.
- For control vibration, this allows the app to make the phone vibrate when a user long clicks on a bookmarked item.
- For prevent phone from sleeping - this allows the app to keep the device awake while receiving a push notification.
For the Tsapalang app to work on devices running Android Marshmallow and iOS, you can choose whether to accept or reject any of the permissions mentioned in the previous section when you actually used it. Note that by rejecting the permissions, the functionality will not work.
Your access to or use of the Site, as well as these Terms shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with Singapore laws and you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Singapore courts.
The team's failure to insist upon or enforce strict performance of any provision of these Terms shall not be construed as a waiver of any provision or right.
If any part of these Terms is held to be unenforceable, the unenforceable part shall be given effect to the greatest extent possible and the remainder will remain in full force and effect.
These Terms are for the benefit of Tsapalang team and its directors, officers, employees, suppliers, licensors, agents, and any third party Content providers to the Site. Each of these individuals or entities shall have the right to assert and enforce those provisions directly against you on its own behalf.